searching for dragons

looking in
“Anyone can slay a dragon …but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again. That’s what takes a real hero.” ~Story People

I found this quote this morning.  My heart was drawn to it because first, it has a dragon in it and my baby girl loves dragons.  Second, the truth it proclaims about love.  How brave a thing it is to love!
So in a world that sometimes gives up on people quickly, I am choosing to slay the dragon.  I am choosing to love a husband that sometimes breaks my heart.  I am choosing to love my children who sometimes overlook the work I do for them.  I am choosing to love my friends that sometimes hurt me.  Not because I think I am wonderful and perfectly perfect in every way.  Quite the opposite.  I am choosing to brave because I hope they will be brave with me.  I am hoping that just as I will be a hero in their lives, they will be my heros as well and love me when I am ugly and difficult.  Because I can be one ugly dragon.

11 Comments Add yours

1. kuki / ewa says:

staci, your words just made my eyes wet.
    this is so so beautiful.
    x

2. Sam says:

Goodness Staci…how I LOVE your words.

3. How this encourages me! Thank you!

4. Dani says:

love it!! i love your wisdom… this is so beautiful!

5. Stephanie says:

brave and fearless….that's what they love about you. Me too! You are an amazing dragon slayer! So excited to see you blogging!

6. Megan says:

I told you how this moved me and here, other people are also telling you about your gift with words! I will be brave with you! I loe you!

7. Thank you! You are so encouraging!

8. Deb says:

Staci, truly touching and so very heartfelt. Thanks for sharing,so glad i checked out your blog, i will be back ♥

Thank you for your kind words.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s